Throughout the school year, selected students will be featured here at The Date Safe Project, Inc. as the “Student of Impact.” Students are nominated by their peers, educators, professionals, and can nominate themselves. The “Student of Impact” represents some and/or all of the below criteria:
- Has had success running and/or coordinating an educational campaign at school addressing intimacy, relationships, dating, and/or sexual assault awareness.
- Helps peers and others at school and/or in the community in ending sexual violence.
- Inspires fellow students to make an impact on the issues addressed here at The Date Safe Project, Inc.
The first “Student of Impact” will be recognized on Friday, August 28th. You will find their story and a picture of the individual here on the website.
NOMINATE someone today. Students will be recognized throughout the year and so it is never too late to nominate a person. To nominate an individual, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail Subject line, type “Student of Impact” and include the following information inside the e-mail:
- Name of Nominee
- School of Nominee and Year in School
- E-mail address AND phone number of Nominee (will be kept confidential. We must contact the nominee for approval to give them the recognition on the website).
- WHY you feel this person deserves the recognition (must be at least 50 words in length).
- YOUR NAME and contact information (e-mail and phone number).
- Your affiliation with this individual.
The recipient of the “Student of Impact” will receive a certificate and an e-book of their choice from The Date Safe Project, Inc.. The recognition may be used in all personal and professional manners (resumes, vitae, awards, scholarships, etc…).